Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unemployment


Today is my first day of being unemployed as a first grade teacher. I won't truly feel unemployed until August when the kids go back to school and I'm stuck at home. I have been told that the school system will be hiring back teachers over the summer, so my fingers are crossed. At least my end-of -year evaluation was satisfactory, so it's just a matter of budgets and funding. I took a letter of reference and updated resume to the Central Office this morning.


In the meantime I will spend the summer getting into better shape. My goal is to be able to climb Kilimanjaro by next year. I also need to do a lot more research into actually traveling to Africa. I haven't done any serious climbing, but if I keep putting it off it'll never happen. Our family does hike and Hubby and I have climbed a couple of pretty big mountains in Yosemite. Now I've put it in writing I have to take myself seriously.

No comments: