Friday, June 4, 2010

Senior Pictures


Let me just start by saying that this blog is not meant to be one big complaint, but there are some things...

Today we went to get S's senior pictures. She had three outfit changes, plus the "drape" for the yearbook picture. For those of you who are as behind the times as I am, the drape is just a black cloth they wrap around the girls to look like they are wearing an off-the-shoulder formal dress. Who knew?

Well, things went smoothly if slowly for all but the last outfit. This was the white dress we drove to the Big City to buy just for this photo session. We were planning on having the photographer take a picture outside in the same pose as she had for her 4 year old picture. There was only one outdoor photographer and we waited an hour to get our turn. After sitting in the car with the air on for 30 minutes--this is summer in the South, remember?-- I decided to leave without the white dress picture. I didn't throw a tantrum, I simply left. It's up to the kids how many pictures and poses they have, so I'm sure the photographer isn't upset we left. But I am very pissed off. I can't believe the inefficiency at that place. Plus, it isn't like an actual photo studio. The indoor pictures were taken in a garage, with tools and crap lying around everywhere. Maybe by the time the pictures come in I'll have calmed down enough to actually buy some.

In the meantime, I snapped a shot of S next to the daisy patch out back when we got home. Gorgeous girl!

No comments: