Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Farmers Market


Our local farmers market is open every Monday and Wednesday during the summer. Since I'm not growing my own garden this year, we have to buy our vegetables--UGG! Next year I will definitely have the garden back.



I bought all the regular stuff: zucchini, squash, tomatoes, watermelon, corn, peppers. There was one guy who was only selling blackberries. I'm not a dessert person normally, so we bypassed him. But I kept thinking about those blackberries all night and today I found this recipe. I'm going back tomorrow to get some berries and attempt to make it. I'm not even sure if I like blackberries.


[ Imagine a picture of our muddy, torn up back-yard
right here because I'm tired of trying to get a
picture to paste here. I'm sure it's simple but... ]


The reason I don't have my own garden this year, aside from my laziness, is because we had a water main break back in the fall. By the time the water company got it straightened out and planted grass, I didn't want to mess with the yard at all.

No comments: