Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Reading

Mr. C had planned to make a weekly claymation talk-show. He went as far as making the characters but then stopped. He says it's my fault that he can't finish because he needs a tripod for the camera and I won't buy him one.

The video, if it uploads properly, shows one way he spends his days. I find lots of little videos like this on the camera. (No video--I tried and Hubby tried and it wouldn't upload. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Very frustrating!)

Actually, Mr. C has been reading for hours everyday. He finished book 9 of the 39 Clues. While he waits the 70 days until book 10 is released, he has started reading Percy Jackson. He read the second book in less than 3 days! Pretty good for almost 300 pages. Now we hear all about the ancient Greek gods and goddesses. He's becoming quite an expert.

I am so thankful to any author who can get kids to enjoy reading. With Mr. C it is definitely Rick Riordan, but also all the other authors who have contributed to the 39 Clues. With M it was Gordan Korman with all his adventure series. (Korman has also written two of the 39 Clues) With S it was JK Rowling with Harry Potter. I'm just glad all of them enjoy reading. I wish the girls had more time to read for fun. This summer S has to read Sidhartha, The Sound and the Fury, The Catcher in the Rye, The Awakening, Supreme Conflict: The Inside Story of the Struggle for Control of the United States Supreme Court, & Hardball: How Politics is Played Told By One Who Knows the Game. M has to read Huck Finn and The Scarlet Letter.

No comments: