Monday, March 28, 2011

Quiet Reflection

Bonaventure Cemetery, Savannah
Last Friday as I was taking pictures of S and her friends before they went off to prom, I realized how close we are to the end of this journey with her. I am not ready to let her go off to college, even though I'm sure that she's more than ready.

I had a bit of perspective as we were driving past the cemetery on the way to dinner, after seeing the kids off to the dance. There was a man standing in front of a tombstone. He had sat a huge package, wrapped in bright paper, next to the grave and he was holding a bunch of colorful balloons. They were red, blue, green, yellow, and pink.

We have driven past the cemetery several times this weekend. Even after all of our storms, the package and balloons, although drooping, are still there. A reminder to me that I am very blessed to have my children with me and that even when they move away, they are still only a phone call away.

No comments: