Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh Happy Day

These flowers have been blooming in my window boxes since last fall, even after all our ice and snow
Last year I had a little boy in my first grade class who would throw his hands in the air and start singing, "Oh, happy day! Oh, happy day!" in an old-timey revival style when the spirit moved him. I always hear him singing in my head when I think those words. And today is definitely a happy day because it is finally March!!!

I have emerged from yet another February. Sometimes I'm not sure I'll make it. February has got to be the most depressing month. This morning I was so excited as I got to click from 28 all the way to 1 on my Feet Calendar (sorry I'm not going to explain that here). While I sat eating my breakfast I watched the birds on the other side of the window eating from the feeder. Here are my two favorites.


Tufted Titmouse

Chickadee

After school, I went out to take some pictures of some of the flowers that are starting to bloom.

Candytuft

Purple phlox
The Bradford pears are out in full force and are Mr. C's favorite. The Northern magnolias are gorgeous as are the forsythia. If I wasn't too worried about what people would think of me stopping to take pictures in their yard I'd post more flower pictures. Spring is definitely here. Life is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It may be the first day of March, but I still have some snow in my yard. Boo! Hiss! Thank you for the pretty flower pictures so that I can live vicariously through you! O Happy Day!