Wednesday, March 2, 2011

There Goes the Neighborhood

Any of you who know me very well at all have probably heard me complain about the redneckishness of where we live. It is a thorn in my side.

There is a house in our neighborhood that has stood vacant the entire time we have lived here. Someone told us the guy who owns it was in jail. Well, he has recently moved back in, along with a few mud jeeps (you know--the jeeps with only the frames still intact, covered in mud and only occasionally do they have their wheels attached), a lethargic woman that frequently sits on the front step wrapped in a quilt smoking, a pitbull who barks when you walk by and is making the gap between fence and gate larger every day, and crap overflowing from both bays of the garage(overflowing because the garage doesn't have doors). That was a really long sentence.

Last weekend Hubby and I were walking over to the high school track and as we passed the criminal's house we heard bleating. Hubby looked over at the house where the lethargic woman sat. Then he whispered out the side of his mouth at me, "There's a goat on their porch!" To which I replied, "Are you kidding me? Are you sure it's not just their dog making a strange noise?" "Look for yourself." But since I'm too afraid to make eye contact with anyone from that house, man or beast, I just took his word for it.

Oh, law. Why is this happening when we're trying to sell the house?

3 comments:

Lady Jane said...

At least it's a cute goat.

m.e. said...

That is a generic clip art goat. I think theirs is brown.

Lady Jane said...

Now, now. You know goats are cute. If you've seen one goat, you've seen them all. I can't stop laughing about neighborhood goat!! Law!!!