Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Life imitating art, sort of
Today is Hubby and my 18th anniversary. In some ways that sounds like a big number, and in other ways I can't believe it hasn't been longer.

We went to Chattanooga this weekend, just to drive around and get a feel for different areas. All the houses I like (old and with character) are in crummy neighborhoods. All the "safe" neighborhoods are full of cookie-cutter homes.  We ended up downtown and went for ice cream.

Ice Cream Shop
Then we walked across this glass bridge. I have an irrational fear of walking across glass, and of watching my kids walk on it. When we went to the Corning Museum in New York a few years ago, I forbid the kids to walk on the second floor glass floor. Of course that meant they all scrambled out on it and danced around, taunting me and my phobia. I made it across this glass bridge by looking straight ahead, staying on the metal strip in the middle, and holding on to Hubby's hand for dear life. The important thing is that I made it.

I am nervous just looking at Smarty standing on this bridge!
The other irrational fear I have is that I can't stand to see my kids leaning over balconies or anything up high. Combine that with a glass railing and you get me hyperventilating and Mr. C laughing his head off at his crazy mom.
Step away from that railing this instant!

No comments: