Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Smarty Had A Great Day

I saw Smarty for all of about 10 minutes yesterday. Tuesdays and Thursdays are very busy with fencing lessons after school. Mr. C and I leave around 3:30 and don't get home until after 7:00. So I don't get to see the girls much on those days.

During the few minutes I did see her, Smarty announced: she made homecoming court, she was voted "kindest" in her class, she's getting a 98 in AP Biology, and wasn't there something else? Oh, yeah, she was accepted at Auburn! What a great day!

At bedtime, M talked back to me (quelle surprise) and rather than ignore it I took her phone for the rest of the night. Later S brought M's phone charger to me and stated how much she approved of me taking away the phone. The icing on her perfect day was her little sister getting in trouble.

If I was into child psychology I would probably recognize that M is frustrated from always living in her big sister's shadow, and as a result acts out. But as it is, I'm not about to take her smart mouth for whatever reason. Lest you think I don't give M equal time and attention, I'm going to her pinning ceremony after school today. It is for a club that she belongs to but S doesn't. Apparently you have to be invited to join. So there!

Usually the girls get along. But there are just some of those days.

No comments: