Thursday, October 14, 2010

Marvelous Joins a Club


Marvelous recieves her rose
I went to what was supposed to be a pinning ceremony for M's club she was asked to join. The pins hadn't arrived so the girls each got a rose instead. This is a service oriented club just for girls. They had to be nominated by a teacher and then all their teachers had to fill out a questionnaire before they could be invited into the club. So it's an honor just to be part of it.

M and some of her friends
They had the ceremony at a local restaurant. I was the only parent. I told M I could drop her and her friend off if she didn't want me to stay, but she didn't mind. So I sat with the girls, talked with them through dinner, and even took a few pictures. It was a nice time. I'm glad that my kids haven't entered that whole "drop me off two blocks away so I don't have to be seen with you" phase. I hope we skip it altogether.

No comments: