Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homecoming Floats

When we first moved here it was homecoming time. S got involved working on her classes float and I expected a homecoming parade to see it in. I was surprised to find out that the floats here are stationary. The kids build them on platforms and then you can drive by and see them. Here are the four classes' entries from this year. By the way, our mascot is a Panther and we played the Tigers (and lost in the last 18 seconds of the game).
Freshman: Tame the Tigers
Sophomores: Torch the Tigers
Juniors: Tigers This is Your Final Destination
Seniors: Forget the Tigers! We're Grrreat!
After the votes were in, the Sophomore class won first place. S was upset, and of course M was happy. M made all those little flames at the bottom of the float. S was one of about 5 seniors who showed up to work on their float. What class spirit!

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

I like the idea of the stationary floats. Personally, I hate parades, but I do enjoy driving around. Maybe I'll suggest stationary floats for our school--It could build school spirit. Go, team!!