Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vacation




I actually brought my computer on vacation and have looked at it but that's about it. Since I uploaded some pictures I thought I'd share a couple.

M wanted her picture with me in front of the Hatteras Lighthouse. Some other kiddies jumped in at the last minute and she told me to crop them out of the picture. So there you have it.

We are sharing a house with my aunt, mom, sister and her family (3 nieces and 1 nephew). This is the first time my sister's kids have been to the ocean. So it was priceless to see them when we got to the beach. They aren't phased by the salty water. They just kept jumping back in.

One of the highlights of our trip was watching a turtle lay her eggs in our yard this morning. I got a video of it, but still can't figure out how to put a video on here.

Our immediate family took the ferry over to Ocracoke today. We waited two hours to get on the ferry. The island was neat, but not worth the wait to take the ferry over. When we got back we went to eat at the Breakaway Restaurant. Do not eat here if you come to Hatteras Island! The food was overpriced and not any good. My kids love shrimp, but they didn't even eat what was on their plate. Usually they wolf it down. I had scallops. They were supposed to be broiled in a butter, white wine sauce. When they came they were orange because they were covered in what I think was Old Bay Crab Boil. I tried to scrape them off, but gave up. What a bargain for $24 (sarcasm here)!

Overall we are having a great time. We can see the ocean from our house. We walk down a short cul-de-sac to get there. We also have our own pool. So we are set for swimming. We are also all getting in great shape because there are 4 floors to this house. The kitchen/living area is on the 3rd floor. Bedrooms are downstairs.

I'll try to post more pictures this week. But if I don't you'll know I fell asleep in a lounge chair at the pool.

No comments: