Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Some Things I Like About the South

Live oaks & Spanish moss, Hot days & cool drinks, These are a few of my favorite things (imagine Julie Andrews singing here)
Going along with the theme of my trip to Montgomery I thought I would list some of the things I like about the South.
I like that when someone doesn't hear what you say they ask, "Ma'am?" or "Sir?" It grates on my nerves to hear kids say "What?"
I like that when someone answers they say, "Yes, ma'am" or "No, sir." I know they do this to be polite, but it helps me to hear what they are saying more clearly. I have a hard time differentiating between "Ya" and "Na".
I like the mild weather and short winters.
I like the l-o-n-g springs. The flowers bloom forever here!
I like being only a day's drive to the beach. Even if you don't go very often, you know that you could.
I like that people who work the cash registers, drive-thrus, and wait tables are usually genuinely friendly.
I like that I can get sweet tea at any restaurant I go to, and even in the school cafeteria.
I like that when I have problems, small or large, people say they'll be praying for me, and mean it.
I like the pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw on top--Carolina style. Yummy!
There really are a lot of things that are nice about living in the South. I'm glad we're moving to a more metropolitan area, but I'm glad we'll still be in this region of the country.

No comments: