Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Possessed Doughboy

We were all standing around in the girls' room talking when the doughboy started laughing in a deep, demonic voice: hwa, hwa, hwa. It quickly deteriorated into a motorized rrr, rrr, rrr. The girls were freaked out by it. Mr. C thought it was funny. We decided to take the batteries out to get it to stop. The batteries turned out to be so corroded that they were stuck in the doll and I had to whack it on the counter several times to dislodge them. Finally the doughboy went silent.

Later on Mr. C came to my room and said he had pushed on the doughboy and that's what started it all. Still, he shouldn't have gone on and on in such a menacing way.

Here is a comic that Grandma sent M shortly after giving her the doughboy for Christmas.

You've really gotta watch out for those doughboys!

On a side note: Happy Birthday to me!!!

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

I'll say Happy Birthday again. You must have posted this after I commented on yesterday's blog.

Maybe all the violence in both of the last two blogs may get a few of you in Alabama a group rate for anger management classes.

Looked like storms went through yesterday. I hope you are all OK.

m.e. said...

I guess you're referring to the principal paddling and the doughboy going on a rampage in the comic? I don't think I've been very violent lately.

Anywho, this was supposed to be a funny post. Maybe I missed the mark. Maybe you just had to be there.

We didn't have the bad storms here. A little hail, a lot of rain and wind. Some limbs down, but nothing like I saw in other parts of the south.