Thursday, April 28, 2011

Numb

We just got our power back and I could see the news from overnight. Numb is the only word to explain how I feel right now. We are all safe, thank God. When everything turned white--it went from dark gray, to pale green, to white (like looking through a massive bunch of whirling bubbles)-- out the window we went to the laundry room. More of our tree fell, but that was all of our damage.

We ventured out far enough to see how extensive the power outage was, so I could get an idea if there would be school Thursday. We saw several emergency vehicles racing south. Today I saw this in the local news. O'Hatchee is maybe 5 miles from us. All I can tell from the article is that there were "several" deaths there.

We were very lucky last night. Sorry I don't have any pictures. A little too shaken to get out and gawk.

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

I am glad to hear that you are all OK. The pictures on TV are devastating. The death toll is disturbing. I know I've been frightened with some weather, but I can't imagine how those unfortunate people felt. I pray that none of us ever have to experience a storm like that.