Friday, February 4, 2011

Evil Cat



Last night while I was in a deep sleep, Lizzie started howling at my bedroom door. I finally managed a groggy, "Shut! Up!" That help for 0 seconds. So I woke up a little more and hollered, "Go Away!" That worked long enough for me to roll over and think I might be able to get back to sleep.

More intense meowing, along with pawing at the door. So I got out of bed and opened the door to show her I meant business. She ran down the hallway into the inky blackness. I hoped she was gone for good.Unfortunately I had to repeat this several times.

Finally I decided it would be a good idea to madly chase her around the house, threatening her in a very loud whisper, so as not to wake the kids. This is the kind of thing that only seems like a good idea when woken from a deep sleep in the middle of the night. We went round the coffee table a few times, as Mr. Socks watched on with little interest from his spot on the couch. I tried climbing under the dining room table to get to her. I'm not sure what I planned to do if I actually caught her.

When I thought she had figured out that she needed to leave me alone because I'm not a pleasant person when I'm sleeping, I went back to the bedroom. Not so fast. She was very persistant. I opened the door and threw a house slipper aimlessly down the hallway.

After several minutes of silence, I decided it was safe to go back to sleep.

Now I'm up early waiting for my phone to ring to announce the 2 hour delay that I already know about from the internet. Too bad I can't deactivate the school's Emergency Response System so I could sleep in.

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

How come she's such a bad cat? Does she do that very often? Cute picture!! I've been waiting for General Eisenhower to appear.

m.e. said...

The cats usually only chase each other around at night. I figured out that Socks must have been too lazy to play last night, so she got me up instead.
Eisenhower is on the 18th (right before Presidents Day).