Sunday, January 30, 2011

More Touch-Ups

ProBowl on the TV--NFC totally dominating :(
As if I haven't done enough with this house, I did some more touch-ups this weekend. It's amazing that you can live with something that needs to be fixed for years, and then fix it for the people who are going to move in after you. It doesn't make much sense, but I think that most people are the same way.

When we moved in (probably the first week) we put in the microwave. Since it didn't fit under the cabinets, we shortened them. Then we didn't have doors on those cabinets. We half-heartedly looked for someone to make some, but never followed through on it. So last weekend Hubby put in wood dividers on the sides so you can't see into the adjacent cabinets. This weekend I painted the interior of the cabinet to match the other doors. Now it is a "display area" for some of my Fiesta bowls.

Last weekend we also had carpet put down in all three bedrooms. We ordered a window to replace one (that was broken even when we bought the house). The wrong window came in and we're waiting for the right one. Then I think we'll be ready for the realtor.

So much work!!! And of course on top of it all I'm teaching 4th grade full-time. Last week I had to grade 76 narrative essays. I guess if I don't want to grade it, then I shouldn't assign it. I'm not complaining. I absolutely love my job! I probably won't write about work much because I'm not going to talk about my students. If I'm not posting as much as I used to, it's just because there's so much going on. Be patient!

No comments: