Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Ready For the Talent Show

Mr. Creativity's art submission--photo by Mr. C
The talent show is only two days away! Mr. C has his art entry ready. It is a picture of Grandpa O. It looks better in real life than in this photo.

Tonight is the last guitar lesson before the show. Tomorrow is dress rehearsal and then the real deal on Friday. Mr. C doesn't seem nervous, but I am. I'm still not sure of his singing. The guitar sounds good though. I'm afraid the lighting in the auditorium won't be right for taking pictures or video. I'll try though.

For those of you who have not heard of The Talent Show, let me tell you it is A Big Deal. It is in the high school auditorium and it is usually standing room only, after they bring in folding chairs to line the aisles and the back walls. Some of the parents go all out with elaborate backdrops and costumes. The kids who are in dance, have been practicing with their dance instructor for months. And then there's Mr. C who is going to play and sing by himself. I'm sure he'll be fine.

No comments: