Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Great Date

Today is 1-11-11. A few minutes ago, Mr. C also informed me that it was 1:11 pm.

Now about the snow. Here is what our backyard looked like yesterday morning. It is pretty unchanged today, but the snow on the roads has melted off.

We had a kitty visitor during the snow storm--see the prints
We got out to the store today and had to pass over the bridge. Nothing, and I mean nothing, had been done to the bridges. I think they plowed up to the bridges and then stopped, because the road is pretty clear and then the bridge is a frozen, slushy mess. (When I say plow I mean with a bobcat or other construction implement.)

What a mess!
Since Walmart was still out of milk, we had to go to the local (more expensive) grocery store. This is the only place I had trouble driving. When I was pulling out of their lot, which is about a 45 degree incline, I kept spinning the wheels and couldn't get out. I just backed up, waited for the traffic to clear, and then pulled out from the bottom of the hill.

Smarty is leaving for work in a few minutes. As we were out driving earlier, I was giving her all the pointers I could. I hope I didn't scare her too badly! I'm sure she'll be fine. (Fingers crossed).

As I was sitting here typing, I just received the call that school is cancelled again tomorrow. UGGG!

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

JCD was one of two schools in the county that went to school today. The kids kept griping. "Why are we here?" I said, "It's just a guess, but maybe because it's Tuesday?" They didn't think I was too funny, but I thought I was hilarious. What are we doing? Raising a bunch of weenies?

m.e. said...

Is it Tuesday? We've been out so long that I've lost track of what day of the week it is. This week is shot.