Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Not So Mechanically Inclined

Some people have a special gift of being able to take a bunch of metal parts and wires and connect them together and make something out of them. I don't have this gift. But since Hubby has an extra dose of talent in this area, it usually doesn't matter that I'm so clueless. Today Mr. C received the robot kit we ordered in the mail and he couldn't wait to get started. I told him to read all the directions thoroughly and then I went to take a nap.

When I rejoined him, he was at a loss and I was not much help. He is not used to having such a helpless parent. He thinks if he just talks louder I will understand what the problem is. He finally gave up on me and went outside.

Without all the shouting in my ear, I was able to disassemble some of what he had done. He had completed steps 1, 4, 5, and 7. Besides doing the steps out of order, he had done step 4 incorrectly with wires going through the wrong holes.

I might let him try again tomorrow. Or it might just be his "Weekend Project With Daddy".

No comments: