Monday, August 2, 2010

Hot Weather & Lazy Days

The heat is cranking up for the last few days of summer vacation. I hate writing about the weather because it seems like that's what you talk about when there's nothing better to talk about. But sometimes, the weather is so severe that it consumes everything else. Our entire region is under a heat advisory and our county is under an extreme heat warning (what those mean is not clear to me) until 8pm tomorrow night. The heat index is supposed to be 100 before lunch today. The lady on the news said that some places in the sun will feel like 140 this afternoon. 140!!! I am sure that's what she said because it made me do a double take. Our curtains and blinds are all closed (they actually stay closed most of the summer anyway, just to help the old AC). I filled a big bucket of water in the driveway in case any of the roaming neighborhood dogs need a drink. Hopefully their owners have left them water too.

This weekend we worked on the floor. That's going to be ongoing for several weeks so I'll just post a "finished" picture when it's done. Probably around Labor Day.

Hubby and I scoured the countryside for used cars this weekend. We are looking for something cheap for S. By cheap I mean under 2000. It is hard to find something that runs for that price. I definitely don't want something that is going to conk out on her when she is driving home from work at 11pm. Hubby is going to try to go see this car after work.
When we were in North Carolina I bought some beads to make some earrings. When we got home we took the van to the car wash and vacuumed out all the sand--and the beads that were hiding in the cupholder. So I bought some cheap beads at the store here and made some earrings this weekend. Not very professional looking, but they're just for me.
Taking M to the orthodontist today. She had braces 3 years ago in SC but we had to take them off when we moved. Our current insurance wouldn't cover any pre-existing conditions. I would leave her mouth alone, except she has one tooth that sticks out and it causes a constant sore inside her lip.

No comments: