Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Monday Hike

This is what I did the first day of school. After dropping Mr. C off, I headed to Little River Canyon National Preserve in NE Alabama. All these pictures were taken with my cell phone, so the quality isn't always that great.
Started by climbing down these rocks--about 10-15 feet

Followed the dry creekbed out to the river

Walking along the rocks in the river

A view down the river--actually pretty low right now

This is one place I crossed over the river--some rock hopping

There were several wildflowers blooming

Cooling off in the water-- notice the fish that wasn't afraid of my giant feet

The water made wonderful "burbling" sounds over the rocks

I thought this tree looked like a football goal

Waterfall--again there's not much water right now

The trail back out of the woods--after climbing back up those rocks
So I had a very enjoyable day. It was 83 when I started and 95 when I finished two hours later. I drank a water bottle of Gatorade and one of water during the hike. I was glad there was a latrine at the trailhead. I had such a good time that I'm planning on making it a weekly routine. I'm looking forward to my next Monday hike.

No comments: