Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Monday Hike

I decided to go here to hike this week. I had never been, so I'm glad I printed out directions before I left. TomTom hasn't been working lately because it can't find a satellite signal. M blames it on solar flares. She blames everything on solar flares. Radio station fuzzy: solar flares. Internet running slow: solar flares. Homework not done: solar flares. You get the picture.
There were several trails in the park. I picked Cascade Trail since it sounded scenic.


 The entrance was promising.

I saw these awesome, colorful mushrooms.

And here is where there should be something cascading down the hill. A little disappointing. I continued on some but was disheartened by all the construction in the woods. I didn't take pictures of it because it was so ugly. They have driven bulldozers through the woods and cut down lots of trees. The trees that are left all have bright plastic ribbons tied to them. Maybe they are doing some kind of massive overhaul of the trail system. I didn't ask.

There was a gorgeous lodge in the park. Although this wasn't the best hiking experience I think I'd like to come back in the future to see what, if any, improvements have been made.

No comments: