Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A New Beginning

I have started a new chapter in my life. Actually I've just set the wheels in motion and we'll see where it takes me.

Today I received my final paycheck. Rather than continue to crawl around begging for teaching jobs, I've decided to change me career path. I'm not sure how all the details are going to come together yet, so forgive me if I don't provide much info. What I do know is that I've applied to a community college and hope to begin classes after Christmas. I still have to see what classes, if any, will transfer from my bachelor's degree.

The whole idea of going back to school is somewhat intimidating. The fact that I'm going to try a completely different field makes me a little anxious. I'm not that concerned about being so much older than the other students. I am worried about the 1 1/2 hour one way commute. There may be a move in our future, in order to get closer.

In the meantime I will just continue to plug along here. There are kids to raise, meals to cook, volunteering to do, and order to bring out of the general chaos of our lives.

No comments: