Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Joys of Parenthood

I wonder if everyone else's kids embarrass them in public. I thought once the kids got to be a certain age the parents were supposed to do all the embarrassing.

Yesterday M was on a kick about "spankin's". She thought everyone and everything deserved a spankin'. She especially enjoyed telling her brother he was going to get one. When I finally told her to cut it out she came up with an acronym for "You're about to get a spankin'"--Yatgas. Now, when you say "yatgas" it sounds like "Ya had gas." So we walked around Target while the kids repeatedly told each other "yatgas."

When I had enough of that and told them to stop, Mr. C informed me that everyone has their secret words they say. He used his dad's favorite expression--scheize*--to illustrate his point. M and I immediately told him not to use that word so loudly in public, since we have a pretty big German population here. Right then an adorable mom and dad with two little preschoolers came around the aisle speaking German. Ugg--I could only hope they hadn't heard Mr. C's explicative. We hurried and left.

Only two more days until the kids go back to school.

*German for sh*t

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are not alone!