Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Tennessee

There are tons of people in the woods. It is good to see so many families out doing stuff together.
Tennessee is different things to different people. To some it is Elvis, Graceland, and BBQ. To others it is Nashville, The Grand Ole Opry, and country music. And to others it is Gatlinburg and the Smokeys (and the over-commercialized Pigeon Forge which Mr. C just visited on a field trip Friday).
Mr. C over a fall
My Tennessee is hiking in the woods. It is finding that waterfall that can't be seen from the road. It is time spent with the kids without any electronics or modern devices.
Notice how the rock fractures horizontally and vertically--interesting
Ironically, we found all this in Georgia, not Tennessee, this weekend. Well, it is in Dade County which is barely in Georgia. If you want to learn more about the Independent State of Dade, click here.
***There was another post about me starting a new job that has disappeared. You didn't imagine it. That was just a passing fancy, which I have thought better of. So I remain unemployed, or a stay-at-home mom, or a kept woman, or whatever else sounds good at the moment.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I like your version of TN best. It's my favorite as well. Great picture of you and hubby!