Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kitchen Space

In response to the size of house I would like, I thought I would address kitchen space. I don't mind having small bedrooms, or giving up a master bath or rec room, but I definitely need a workable kitchen.
This is our current apartment kitchen. If I try, I can get a cutting board onto the counter next to the toaster. Maybe we just have too much stuff out on the counters, but we honestly use things everyday.  And the cabinets are full right now anyway. I have utilized some of the above cabinet space and even put the spices on top of the fridge (aren't I clever?).
This is our South Carolina kitchen. It isn't overly grand, but it is large enough to work in. I think I also need to have a breakfast nook, or eat-in kitchen now that I'm used to it.

I know smaller is better for the environment: smaller carbon footprint, less resources used to build, less to heat and cool. But I don't think I can live with a tiny kitchen longer than I absolutely have to.

By the way, if you are facebook friends with M then you'll have heard my take on our current refrigerator. She apparently has "Mom quotes" on her page every once in awhile. This is something that I have not authorized (like she cares).

No comments: