Friday, August 12, 2011

Tough Day

This is the day I have been dreading for a long time now. We dropped Smarty off at school and probably won't see her until Thanksgiving.
We met all the other girls who are living in the annex with her--there are 5 altogether. They all have their own rooms, but some have to share bathrooms. The rooms are really a good size.

We celebrated her 18th birthday early. Her actual birthday is next Wednesday and it is the first day of classes. Happy Birthday!

We are so proud, and sad, and anxious. But mostly proud.

I have been up and down all day. There is so much in my mind that I have a hard time expressing it. When she was born I never even let her lay on the carpet without a blanket to protect her. By the time I had Mr. C, I just put him down on the ground and let him chew on sticks. Maybe I'll get better with seeing them fly the nest over time. God, it was hard today though. Thankfully Hubby took the day off work. He held my hand through the worst of it and got me to finally leave, or else I would probably still be standing in that parking lot.

2 comments:

MAWG said...

Brings back memories for me. It *is* hard. No 2 ways about it. And it really does get better. But for now, go ahead and grieve.

Jen said...

Feeling for you. Looks like she has a good space and great that she has several girls to share with. Praying that the time before break seems to go quickly on this front for you.