Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fragile

I am these stacks of bowls. My family will tell you that the bowls have to be in two stacks with one of each color per stack. The colors don't have to be in any particular order. That's me. I will rearrange the bowls if they are stacked "wrong".

So now we are in the middle of this messy time of transition. I don't mind multi-colored bowls, but I need to have control over how they are arranged. My breaking point came yesterday when I received several emails from the realtor, mortgage guy, and mortgage girl. The line that threw me over the top was this:
I always do for my people, but there is no way I can give a definite date.   We can put in for a day and time, and hope all is done and ready to go, without any issues, or problems from anyone.   That right now is the best we can do. 
WTF!?! I was busy yesterday trying to set up utilities, mail forwarding, kids' schooling and at the same time being told that there could not possibly be a definite date for our closing. It was like someone not just rearranging my bowls, but smashing them on the floor and saying they might or might not be broken.

I turned my phones off and had a breakdown. Hubby drove home in the middle of the day and tried to make everything as right as possible. He is amazing like that.

I think what he sees, that I forget, is that it isn't just the move. It's also Smarty moving out, Mr. C starting middle school, and as always that first day of school when everyone else goes off and I'm left home alone without a job. I try to push it all aside to deal with later, but emotions have a way of working their way to the top and forcing themselves on you. At least on me.

The traditional first day of school photos of my beautiful kids:
First day of middle school--6th grade

Getting ready for the first day of junior year

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wish I had words to make you feel better. I have a jumble of them in my head, but I know that none of them would make a dent in what you are feeling. Just know that you are loved and that I hope your bowls will be arranged the way you like soon.

m.e. said...

The bowls are starting to move into place--we have been given a semi-solid closing date of the 26th, although it may turn into the 29th. We have hotel reservations for all next week and the kids can start school before we move into the new house, even though they will technically be "out-of-district".