Thursday, August 25, 2011

Apartment Living

I'm not coming out!
Well, you could probably figure from my previous post that our home buying experience was not going so well. All hell broke loose on Monday and the deal fell through, mainly due to the incompetence of our mortgage company. I am especially upset by this fact because we had wanted to go with another lender, but our realtor urged us to go with her company's mortgage arm (huge national chain, which I won't name).

We had to do something immediately, so we went to an apartment complex and signed a 1 year lease. This is obviously not the ideal situation, but it gets the kids into school and gives us a place to sleep at night. We are on the second floor which means we'll get our exercise. We do have a garage, but considering that we have 700 sq. ft. less than our house, we need it for storage. We also have to fit in all the stuff we had in our shed, garage, and attic. It will be tight.

Last night we started taking stuff over from the hotel. The cats were in the first load. Lizzie actually came out of her cat carrier. Her new safe place seems to be the bathroom sink. Oh, our poor traumatized girl!

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

That is such a funny picture!!

If I didn't have part of my garage filled with another teacher's belongings, you could use my garage for storage. I still have lots of room if you need to store things for a year.