Friday, August 5, 2011

My Toy Story

Molly the aviator and Kit the cowgirl
Last night I watched Toy Story 3. This movie is extremely emotional for anyone who has a child going off to college--okay, at least that's true for me. I remember taking Smarty to see Toy Story when it first came out. She was the same age as Andy. And this year they are both moving out and on with the next phase of their lives.

As we are preparing to move the rest of the family as well, I have been going through everything trying to weed out what I can before the movers come to pack it all up. Somethings that will never be thrown out are Molly and Kit. And unlike the toys in Toy Story 3 I don't think they'll ever be donated to anyone else. Time surely flies.

On a related note: Smarty is driving back from Indiana today. She went up to spend the week with Grandma and Grandpa. Anyone who can manage the traffic in Nashville (in the middle of an 8 hour trip) will be fine living out on her own.

No comments: