Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home Search

My time is consumed with our home search. We haven't sold our house, but feel that we really need to reunite the family as much as possible (obviously Smarty is going her own way). We are only a few weeks out from the start of school, so we won't get moved before then, no matter what. Stress, stress, stress!
Here are a few of the (MANY) houses we have looked at lately.
This house is in our very favorite neighborhood. It is in its 30s and there is obvious settling as well as cosmetic issues. Neighborhood pool is a plus for us. Top of our price range though, which doesn't leave room for us to do much improving. But there is over an acre of yard, mostly wooded. And it backs up to no-mans-land with a creek, so plenty of room for Mr. C to explore!
This house has too much space, but Hubby likes it. There are possible structural issues so an engineer would have to inspect it. There are three (THREE!) family rooms with fireplaces. There is a game room area that would fit a pool table. There are six bedrooms and four bathrooms. I don't think I could keep up with the cleaning. Out the back windows there are mountain views. Mountain views are incredible!
This house is our perfect house. It is brand-new and seems custom-built for our family. All the spaces are usable and practical. There is a neighborhood pool. Once again this is at the top of our price range. It is in my second-choice school district and is outside of town. I like the idea of being downtown in 15 minutes, not 25.

So if I don't write on here very often you'll know it is because I'm burning up the interstate, house-hunting. I hope we make the right choice and I hope this is the very last house we ever buy. As a matter of fact, I have been making comments at all the houses like, "There's room here for all the kids and grandkids at Christmas." And, "The grandkids will love to explore in those woods." And, "We could put a small pool out here for the grandkids."

No comments: