Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July

We had BBQ for lunch and cooked out for supper. We have had watermelon, corn-on-the-cob, slaw, potato salad, baked beans, potato chips with dip, hot dogs, sausage, pulled pork, ice cream, and cupcakes today. Smarty says it's like a summer-time Thanksgiving. I say it's better because the weather is hot and the trees are green. I could do with a little less humidity though.

We didn't have a parade around here. That's hard to believe, considering how patriotic everyone is. We will go see the fireworks tonight and come home to set off some of our own.

I miss going to the Fourth of July Festival in the park by Granny and Grandpa's house. Fun times!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I keep a picture of the two of them on my fridge taken on a 4th in a NASCAR ride. I am positive that your comments on the photo were the exact thoughts running through their minds at that very moment--possibly yours and mine too.