Sunday, May 1, 2011

Belated Birthday

In all the excitement over the past week, I neglected to mention Mr. C turned 11 on the 26th. We actually celebrated the weekend before so the whole family would be there. His big present was a basketball goal. The girls got him little toys like a gyroscope and that wheel that rolls up and down the bent wire (you know what I mean?). He received money in the mail, which he wants to spend on a foosball table. I told him to wait until we move to our new house. Let's see if he can keep from spending his money for that long.

If you're wondering about the candles he is blowing out, there is a story behind that. We went to the store and bought all the stuff to make him a Heath Bar cake. I even picked up a new box of birthday candles because I knew we were out of them. I remember opening the box at the store to see that there were enough "boy" colors so I wouldn't have to use pink candles on his cake. Actually Mr. C likes pink, so it was more for me than him. When I went to put the candles on the cake, I couldn't find them. No one could remember putting them away. We tracked down the grocery receipt and there were no candles on it. They must have fallen through the wire basket at the store. I hate it when that happens. Luckily we had two candles sitting around that served just fine. I told him that when we put the candles next to each other, they looked like a big "11". So I couldn't have planned it better.

No comments: