Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Favorite Christmas Movies

There are certain TV channels that seem to have devoted the entire month of December to Christmas movies. Unfortunately they show the most bizarre, sappy  made-for-TV movies I've ever heard of. Like everyone else, I love Charlie Brown and Rudolph and Frosty. But I only catch them by accident, and usually not every year.  There are some Christmas movies that our family loves so much that we have the DVDs and make it a point to watch every year. Here they are.

This movie is an awesome, realistical portrayal of the Bible story.  I love that Mary is not blond and blue eyed.


Even though I didn't grow up in the 50's this movie still brings back childhood memories. Who didn't have a Christmas when you really wanted that one special thing?


Classis Chevy Chase and dysfunctional family holiday. Of course it is hilarious.


Every Christmas Eve we go to the candlelight service at church, which is just peaceful and magical (yes -I said that a church experience is magical). Then when we get home, we sit down together, open some wine (adults only), and watch It's a Wonderful Life. Simply perfect.

No comments: