Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Tea

Mr. C and his 5th grade class
Today was the 5th grade Christmas Tea. Actually it was supposed to be yesterday, but there was an early dismissal because of weather.  Today we had a 2 hour delay for school, and I wasn't sure how the Tea was going to fit into the shortened day but it went off without a hitch.

Yes, you probably have noticed that Mr. C only has one "nice" outfit. Remember this post.  But seriously, how often does a 10 year old boy get dressed up?


The kids enjoyed finger foods and a few games. You can't tell from this picture, but all the tables were voluntarily segregated; no mixing of boys and girls at this age.

I was able to attend the tea because someone watched my class for me. That's right--I already have a class. The teacher I am subbing for had her baby on Tuesday, so I've been working this week. It has been a crazy week, with Hubby out of town, the freezing weather, and Smarty working every night, leaving me home without a car. This week has seemed much longer than last week, and it's not over yet!

No comments: