Sunday, July 12, 2015

One Month

On August 13th I'll welcome my new kiddos to "what I call" first grade. (Sorry about the Miranda reference; I've been binge watching.)
Summer is the time for teachers to make all kinds of rainbow and unicorn shaped ideas for the upcoming year. With these happy thoughts we buy/create/plan extravagant learning systems. Above you can see the beautiful book boxes I've bought for my kiddos. I am sure that by May 2016 they will still be just as beautiful and not covered in crayon graffiti of misspelled curse words. See how optimistic I am in the summer?
I have also bought some new containers for the library. Blue boxes are nonfiction and green are fiction. The kids actual do a pretty good job of getting the books put away correctly. Looks like I'm all set to start hauling things back to school in the morning. 

No comments: