Friday, January 9, 2015

Celebrate Good Times!

I have been complaining about my job almost since the day I was hired. I have been frustrated with curriculum changes, endless testing, and more than my fair share of behavior problems. However, the past two days have been wonderful. Granted one of my little friends has been suspended and won't return until Monday.

One of the things we did this week was take a spelling inventory. This is like a spelling test, but then you give them points for things like initial sound, vowel sound, blends, etc. So they can get several points for one word and when you tally the columns up you have an idea of which spelling level they should be working on. All of my friends have made huge gains in their spelling ability since they took the inventory in August. I was most excited by one of my lowest students who has caught up with the rest of the class! Yay!

On the home front, Sadie has been accepted into the Masters of Accounting Program to begin this summer. We knew she would be, but it is fantastic to hear that it is official. Double yay!

No comments: