Friday, August 2, 2013

Home Life

I still have tons of vacation photos to share (sorry if you're getting tired of them) but thought I better post something about life back at home.

Mr. C got brackets on his teeth this week. He will get the wires after he has four permanent teeth pulled.  He is excited about getting braces, since the orthodontist gives away a mini-iPad with every full set of braces. M is upset that she only had the top teeth done, so no iPad for her.

M has finished her summer job--did I mention that she's been a barista at a local coffee shop this summer? Rowing wraps up for both kids next week. It should have ended today, but was extended due to flooding. Tomorrow is a big rowing fundraiser. Each rower is going to row a 10K in an hour on an erg (rowing machine). They are doing this outside at a park downtown to raise awareness about the rowing program and to raise pledges to buy a new boat. I think boats run about 20K, used. M will correct me if I'm wrong.

I had my first full teacher day today. Meetings all day. I've been almost everyday for the last couple of weeks just getting the room ready. Kids register on Monday, more meetings, then school starts next Thursday. So long summer. :(

No comments: