Sunday, August 11, 2013

No Time to Write, But Here Goes

I shouldn't be "wasting" time blogging, but feel like I need to put some updates on here.
Rowing ended last Wednesday. My camera wasn't working. It was completely locked up and wouldn't take a picture until I put it in manual focus. So I didn't get many good pictures of Mr. C on the water. Fall season begins Monday and M is going to drive him the first week. After that he will have to quit if we can't find someone willing to carpool. The team is working on finding rides for the few who need them. So we'll see.
Mr. C started his first day of his last year in middle school on Thursday! Time, what have you done with my baby?!
And finally, S was home this weekend so I got a photo of all three kids on the back deck. (The camera was working this time. Go figure.)
I am so overwhelmed with beginning year stuff. What's new, huh? My class seems really sweet this year. I have the tiny class (17) so I'll be picking up all the new students until the numbers even out. The other classes are 20 and 21. It just happened that several of the kids on my roster moved away over the summer.
Hubby and I have a new hobby. It is called "Hunting for a retirement/ vacation place in the Low Country." Since we figure that I can pay an extra house payment (remember that whole AL house debacle?) we are looking for a house somewhere we would enjoy visiting (and eventually living?). We are going to "hunt" in person in a few weeks.
Finally, I am trying Facebook again. I still don't like it, but feel it is necessary since everyone else is on there. Since I call the kids by their real names on there, I'm debating whether to use them on here. Still not sure. I'm kind of used to their "blogger names".

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

I really like the picture of all three kids. Love S's new haircut. She looks really grown up. I think she fits in with all those debutants who go to Auburn.