Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's Coming to an End

Vacation is winding down and I have to go back to work on Monday. The kids get to wait until Wednesday. I feel like my time for relaxing is quickly evaporating.

Today I watched two full-length movies! Can you believe that?I loved Jesus Henry Christ (I love, love, love Toni Collette), and Morning Glory was a fluffy chick flick. The kinds of things I don't usually get to watch.

I also vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned all the bathrooms. And took the sportwagon to the carwash.

Last but not least, I booked my summer vacation (8 days in the UK!!!!!). Yippee!

M took the Beetle to practice tonight and one of the girls backed into it. Even though they are all kids they managed to deal with the insurance/ lease people all on their own and have it under control. I am amazed at how well these "babies" can deal with real life. Which is good, considering in a few months M will be off to college. Speaking of, we have a campus tour Friday. This vacation is really flying by.

Geez, life.

***I am adding this as it goes along with my little globe at the top. Some of you may know that I am part of a new orphan care mission group at my home church. Our pastor decided that we would try to raise enough money on Christmas Eve to build an orphanage in South Sudan. The goal was 85,000 in one night. We were out of town and didn't hear the final amount, so Hubby looked it up tonight and saw that we raised 222,100! You can check out the article here.  

1 comment:

m.e. said...

Just noticed that the title and photo make it appear that the world is ending. I was referring to vacation ending. And looking forward to summer vacation, and travel.