Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New Experiences

There is an organization here in town that does all kinds of outdoor training and if you become members you can take advantage of as much of it as you want. So Mr. C went to kayaking last night.The first thing they did was flip him upside down and make him get out. His skirt (thingy they wear around their waist and it attaches to the boat) got stuck in the first kayak so they gave him this bright green one.
Then they practiced flipping back over with help from a partner.
Then they got to paddle around. He had a blast and can't wait to go back next week. I think the rest of us might give it a try as well. Everyone, except me, is really excited about it. I would be too, but I don't like to have my head underwater, much less be strapped in a kayak underwater. I'm going to try to work up the nerve to go by next week.
M started her volunteering at the hospital yesterday. She is also working morning and evening VBSs at our church this week. I still can't figure out how she fit it all into her schedule yesterday. Maybe she has a time-turner that I don't know about.

No comments: