Sunday, December 18, 2011

New Eating Experience

Hubby had a Christmas dinner thing with his group from work, so I took the kids out to The Acropolis, a Greek restaurant. They had American food and Italian food, but I was feeling adventurous. You can see my plate above. Let me explain what everything is.

Greek salad: Regular salad with feta cheese
Dolmathakia: Traditional grape vine leaves rolled with herb seasoned ground sirloin and rice with sautéed onion, topped with avgolemono sauce.
Moussaka: Layered baby eggplant, thinly sliced potatoes, seasoned ground sirloin, fresh herbs, and parmesan cheese and topped with creamy béchamel sauce.
Spanakopita: A spinache-feta cheese mixture seasoned with fresh herbs and sautéed Spanish onions and wrapped in light filo pastry dough.
Greek dip: I have no idea what is in this. Maybe chickpeas?

I am glad that I tried everything. I think that it is an aquired taste. Something (maybe the avgolemono sauce?) was very sour and made my eye do that thing that it does when I eat Sweet Tarts.

M had lasagne and Mr. C had a club sandwich.

4 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Did they have belly dancers? Oopah!!! (sp?)

m.e. said...

No belly dancers. But the waiter was very helpful explaining what everything was and how to eat it. It was a nice place. If we ever go back I'll probably have lasagne.

Lady Jane said...

If you plan on ordering lasagna, why not go to an Italian restaurant?

m.e. said...

Because it is so much cooler here. Plus I will continue to spell it lasagne because I think it looks better.