Monday, November 7, 2011

My Little Brit Kids

M in her new formal dress. Nothing to do with this post.
When we moved, we had to get rid of our dish and switch to cable. The package we have has about 1,286 channels. That may be a low-ball estimate. Anyway there are so many channels that we can't ever find anything to watch. It is overwhelming.

We have found the channels that are our old stand-bys. Discovery, History, the networks for news. I still have a hard time finding the Weather Channel and I can only watch HGTV if I come across it by accident. We do have a guide, but it takes so long to scroll through that it isn't much good.

The upside to this is that we have found and memorized the number for the BBC, which we have never had. I think the BBC is our new favorite channel. We have become total Whovians, and even caught up on all the old episodes of Doctor Who on Netflix. Mr. C loves Top Gear. There is an American version, but he prefers the British version.

The result of all this Brit TV is that the kids have started saying things like, "I think we should go on holiday to Montana." Mom has become Mum or Mummy (especially as Mr. C imitates The Empty Child from The Doctor "Are you my mummy?"). Every once in awhile an unexpected word or phrase pops out of them. It keeps life interesting.

No comments: