Monday, November 14, 2011

Mutlitasking

Some things I could be doing besides waiting on the phone.
I am currently on hold with a mortgage company. Our bank sold our loan and we have to send payments to a new bank, but the new bank hasn't contacted us with where to send the payments. Nice. I have been on hold for10 minutes and 29 seconds and counting. Right now I am listening to the theme song from Gone With the Wind, intermittently interrupted by a robowoman telling me my call is important and someone will be right with me.

My suggestion to businesses who have long wait times is to put something entertaining on while you wait. Maybe Ellen DeGeneres or Graham Norton. Then people wouldn't be in such a bad mood when they finally get to talk to a real person.

Still waiting. Fourteen minutes and 41 seconds...

No comments: