Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I didn't get a picture of the pretty food presentation at lunch, but here the kiddos are enjoying leftovers. Everything was close to perfect. The turkey wasn't completely thawed, but I put it in water and it only set us a little behind schedule. I did burn the marshmallows on top of the sweet potatoes, but I always do that. Dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls, and pumpkin pie rounded out the dinner.
We had wonderful weather today! We were able to get out and walk off our large meal, and Mr. C played basketball with the neighbor for a long time. We all sat down and played euchre (sp?) and Apples to Apples. So a great family Thanksgiving. The only thing that would have made it better would be to have spent it with extended family. I hope all of you out there had a great day!

3 comments:

Lady Jane said...

It was great to know that your Thanksgiving was wonderful. All of you deserve the best!!

m.e. said...

Thanks and I hope you had a great day too! I never heard if you stayed home and cooked, or went out.

Lady Jane said...

I guess I've started a new holiday tradition--pancakes. It was a dreary day, but those sweet tasty morsels brightened it up!