Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Road Trip 2015:Part Five, The End

I said the Redwoods were my favorite, but I guess I had two favorites because Mt. Rainier was amazing.
Madeleine is so stylish!  Welcome to Mt. Rainier
"...the most luxuriant and most extravagantly beautiful of all the alpine gardens I ever beheld in all my mountain-top wanderings." John Muir, conservationist, 1889
Hiking on the Lakes Trail
Mt. Rainier reflection. It was a little breezy so the reflection is not perfect.
This could be a postcard!
There were so many flowers along the trails. I read a sign that said the flowers bloom for 6 weeks a year. We definitely timed our visit right!
This is as high as we hiked up the mountain. This is where the snow began to overtake the trail at Glacier Vista. I never realized that there are about 20 glaciers on Mt. Rainier. Each valley you can see behind the kids is a named glacier.
This is looking down the trail we hiked up. We started below the dark trees in the middle of the photo and hiked up for one mile. It was a grueling mile, at least for the older generation!
I finally caught a bear on camera! This bear was in the Paradise area at Mt. Rainier. I was watching out the car window, down into a beautiful valley. I said, "If I was a bear, I would live in that meadow and never leave." As soon as I said that I spotted this guy! What a great ending to our trip.


1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

When I saw the pictures of the redwoods, I immediately wanted to go back. All of the pictures are beautiful, but I really enjoy the ones with at least one member of the family in them. When I look at old pictures, they mean more when someone I know is in them. Otherwise, just like you mentioned after one of your pictures, it could be a postcard. I am happy that you had this experience.