Monday, June 15, 2015

Road Trip 2015: Part Four

This installment features the cities of Portland and Seattle. I wasn't too impressed with either city, but I did enjoy the natural surroundings. One important thing I learned once we crossed the state line into Oregon, is that it is illegal to pump your own gas in that state. I felt so weird, sitting in the car while an attendant filled my gas tank. It must not be illegal to pee on buildings downtown, during lunch time, right next to all the food trucks in Portland. You can use your imagination, no pictures.
Multnomah Falls just east of Portland
Portland is the City of Roses. Can you spy Mt. Hood in this photo taken from the International Rose Test Garden?
I love roses! It was about 88 degrees when we visited here. The locals were dropping like flies, schools were getting out early, but I was pretty comfortable. I wonder how they would handle our muggy 96 degrees that we're having today.
I was really impressed with this. I'm not sure everyone else cared as much. I still remember the big explosion from 1980.
The kids went up in the Space Needle. We waited at the bottom.
Pike's Market. We looked at Starbucks, but the line was long, and it was too hot to think about coffee anyway. And do you notice the blue sky? That is all we saw during our whole vacation. I was expecting gray, cold drizzle, but this was a nice surprise!

No comments: