Monday, November 18, 2013

Jumping Off the Train

One day into my new educational adventure and I've decided to call it quits. I read 50 pages of  articles in educational journals on Sunday. I crunched numbers on 15 pages of make-believe teacher assessments in preparation of designing a professional development session on School-wide Positive Behavior Support. I needed to write an original post in APA format (approximately 4 pages) referencing professional publications for a discussion board and respond to two other posts. I also needed to write a summary of the teacher assessments (referencing professional publications in APA format) and prepare a 30 to 60 minute professional development session for those make-believe teachers using a template the college gave me. All that needed to be done by Sunday, when I would start the next assignment.

I love learning new things and collaborating with other teachers. I just don't have the time to do this. I don't see how anyone who is teaching full-time could. I guess I thought the program would be tailored more toward teachers who are working. Maybe I could have handled the coursework in the summer. But right now I think I'll call it quits. And since I'm not making the commitment towards earning a master's, then I don't know if I'll stay in teaching for the long haul. This program was sort of my way of saying I was going to stick with it. Now, who knows?

No comments: