Saturday, February 9, 2013

Weekend

Light in a jar
I think I definitely need to change my diet (thanks for the suggestion). In the previous post you can see my daily afternoon snack of Cheezits. M tracks her diet and exercise on a website. She has to have kiwis, bananas, and cherry tomatoes in the house at all times. I have to have Cheezits and Coke in the house at all times. Hmmmm... Is it too late to add to my New Year's Resolutions?

I also think that I am becoming addicted to teacherspayteachers.com and kevinandamanda.com. I can literally spend hours looking for stuff on there. Mostly I just download the free stuff, but I have bought a couple of things. Just this week I purchased a set of Essential Questions for First Grade (hoping I'll be in the same position next year!) from Deanna Jump. How does she make all those activities and still teach full-time??? I think she made over a million dollars last year on TPT. I can't imagine.

This morning Mr. C is taking the ACT. We forgot to get the traditional Toaster Strudels that we usually have on test days, so I told him we'd take him anywhere he wants for lunch. Knowing him it will be McDonald's.

Sunny today which is nice. I hope spring is on the way. We have had so much rain this winter and it's supposed to start again tomorrow. M hasn't been out on the water in forever and they are worried that the next time they have a chance will be at their first regatta. I saw an article in the paper that said the local barge company hasn't been able to operate for the last 5 weeks and the Delta Queen has been closed some too. However, TVA says that they have averted over 700 million in flood damages to Chattanooga in the last month with their dams. M said they went for a run on the Riverwalk to downtown this week. On the way out it was fine, but on the way back the water level rose so much that they had to run through 2 inches of water on the Riverwalk. I have noticed them spilling everyday on my way to work this week. I suppose in July we'll be praying for rain.

The photo at the top is one I've taken lately of objects around the house in natural light. I cropped it down a tiny bit but didn't adjust the color or lighting at all. I like this one because it looks as if all the light is caught in the jar. Well...I don't claim to be an art expert. Or any other kind of expert either.

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

I really like the photo.